Friday, July 6, 2012

Only In Arkansas

Today we are struggling.  We have lived in AR for 23 days now and 12 of those days we have had 

NO A/C!

I really can't convey what that does to you.  I also know you have to live this misery BEFORE you GET IT what this feels like.  Our local temps reach over 100 each day, and humidity just compounds.  We are mentally, physically and emotionally broke.  As in..... 

completely fallen off the end of the sanity rope.  

I tried yelling at the company charged with fixing this, bargaining and just today pleading with them to resolve this issue.  To no avail.....We sit and bake, fry, sizzle, sweat, and many other un- desirable physical symptoms of heat stress.  We can't leave the house...as we have no idea when the magic part might show up and relieve this misery.  We need prayers....and lots of them!


In an attempt to boost my mood, I will blog about some of the thing's uniquely Arkansas.  Each time I pass this on the highway I have to smile.....Because it's true.  And I'm not picking on AR here.  Each place we have lived has had it uniqueness.



Yes, some things fall into the category of ONLY IN ARKANSAS!

For example, Target the mega chain store.  LOVE them! But, can only find 2 in a 50 mile radius of our home.  The closet actually open just before we left AR, for our first time assigned at Little Rock AFB.  I will show what it looked like then, 14 years ago.


Ok, I told a little fib, it did not have the bullseye symbol on it in 1998.

Yes, aside from the addition of the bullseye...same store inside and out...nothing changes here apparently?  Because Mr.Walton has a chock hold on this market.  He has a popular chain of stores.....I don't want to share the name of the store, as I think only WE in AR have access to them:-)!  Not bragging or nothing....


But.... moving on to the category of....Hmmmm what were you thinking.... choosing that as the name of their store????


I wonder if people willingly want to sit in the "The Electric Chair" for a haircut?  It begs the question of course, if one still has hair after electrocution?


And some things really leave me speechless?  My teenage son laughed until tears came at this gas station name.  


In other NOT related news, I met my neighbors pet, well through the fence a few nights ago.  Betcha can't guess it's name?  Maybe a pic will help, this is what Wes and I saw through the fence.



Any Guesses yet?  Need another pic to help? OK, here ya go!



MMMMM HMMMMMM THAT my friends is a pet PIG!

Some things you just can't make up....really!  

We are calling "it" piglet.  No idea what it's real name is yet.  Everyone hibernates this time of year here.  Just too dang hot to go outdoors, unless it's 3 am when we get a break from the heat.  So this neighborhood is a ghost town, never see people coming or going....much less just hanging outside!

In adoption news......We are still awaiting our LOA any day now.  I know, I'm sick of saying it, typing it and referring to it as such.  Can not wait to be passed this hurdle.  Already have all my paperwork ready for immediately following getting LOA!

By the way, I'm completely certain!  NOTHING can make you question your own intelligence, then filling out repeated government forms for immigrations and visa applications.  

Took me 2 stinking days to get 8 forms ( 4 per kiddo) completed correctly!  I am now questioning whether or not I completed any schooling growing up???!!!!  Today, I still put my education in the "No,  I don't recall a thing"category.  

Still hoping for A/C, sanity, LOA, and updates on our Timmy and Kate any day now.




No comments:

Post a Comment