Saturday, November 19, 2011

FANTASTIC NEWS

Novenber 17, 2011  A typical busy day for me.  I was also very hopful to possibly get the expert opinion of the great congenital heart defect team at the University of Florida.  My dear friend (and contact) was  returning to see this team with her son JJ, who himself was just operated on a month ago and is doing fantastic.  Pins and needles and just knew THE most important call in my life was going to come during one of my kids four teacher conferences!  My best friend Lori texted me the most perfect txt....God knows your busy, the news will come at the perfect time.  Yup, she was right of course!  Got the call and Sonia and a new friend Lori( a different Lori, confusing I know!) explained everything the great doctor said while reviewing Superman's file.  Very treatable, will live life as a normal boy.... was really all i heard, and all that truly mattered!

A wave of relief, excitement and beyond belief awareness this was actually going to happen for REAL washed over the Brakman Tribe!  This was all I needed, dont need to ever win the lottery now...although that would be so cool?!!!  The kids were finally able to pin their hopes and future dreams for their baby brother for real without a drop of doubt!  Paper work completed and labs that were'nt due back until another week, well of course the arrived well ahead of schedule!

LOI and first set of fees paid!  Clock begins ticking for a 12-15 month arrival! Catch a flight to go tell my family, just did'nt want them to find out over the phone.  They all seemed excited and listened very intently to the entire story.  Yes... Dad played logical thinker....He will always be hyper vigilant over his kids and make sure we have thought everything through as thouroughly as possible!  Love my parents for making me the obsessive research hound that I am!  So now we move on to going public with our most fantastic of news flashes! 

1 comment:

  1. Beyond excited for you my Cindy! Many prayers everyday for you and for Superman! What a blessed little boy he is!

    ReplyDelete