Friday, May 25, 2012

WHEW!

We have dodged a big one!

A bending big problem....

An "S",  to be exact.





This is Beau's innerds, yes that is the "S" that has terrorized us for 18 months.  

As Beau grew, so did his spine, but in an unconventional way....ummm crooked to be exact.  Why??? Well that is a good question?  NO EYE DEER Y???  He has no limitations or pain with this luckily.  However, the GIANT worry was if it continued to grow, of course crooked, at the rate it currently is....he would have to wear a bulky large plastic brace that encircles him from his hips to his armpits....

Oh and wear it for 23 hours a day!  

Wow, that won't be restrictive for a very active young man or horribly embarrassing for a teen huh??

HENCE, why I have prayed and worried and grayed constantly since the doctors at Children's have began seeing him.

INSERT THE BIG RELIEF HERE!!!!

I really don't remember every word, but here is what I recall from today's appointment:

Whew, glad I found the bathroom(Cindy speaking...always an issue after a 35 minute car ride and a Diet Coke in the bladder)...

Awesome, they have free wifi, shoot my stocks went down a tiny bit (Bryce went with us today, him talking, me ignoring cuz Beau was in Xray.)

Beau returns, "ummm, can I have my phone Mom?" I missed him too, so glad he tells me nice things like that.  OK my paraphrase maybe, not what he meant?

Doc walks in....."Well, It's all good news"  Blah, blah 33%....waa, waa, blah hips are a 4 outta 5 now....spine done growing....blahby, blooo, blah, but arms and legs NOT done growing....bunches of questions and answers.  A referral to a doctor colleague friend at Little Rock Children's Hospital we should seek out when we get settled, for his next 6 month check-up!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!

We will never fear the "S" again!  


Today's blog brought to you by the letter    S!









No comments:

Post a Comment